11.06.2009

Emerson's Big Day








Hello World!!!

Emerson Jayne Bruce is here!!!

Yesterday was a huge answer to prayer as everything went so smoothly and everyone is happy and healthy. 2 hours after Ellen was given the low dose pitocin her water broke so they moved us to our birthing suite. Ellen progressed very quickly & dilated from 3 - 10 centimeters in just 3 and half hours! She pushed for one hour and there she was - little Emerson! Overall the whole thing went very smooth with no complications. Emerson was healthy and Ellen was in great shape and is on her way to quick recovery. Above are a few pictures from our special day. I'm sure there will be many more to come but for now enjoy our little girl!

vitals:
6 pounds 5 ounces
20 inches long
the softest skin I have ever felt

Terry, Ellen and Emerson (who is quickly working on being and becoming a Bruce!)

10 comments:

Kristi Redding said...

LOVE it :) She is precious. I'm so glad everything went so smoothly. What a beautiful family! Emerson is a lucky girl :)

Megan said...

So beautiful!!! Congratulations!!! I second Kristi - beautiful family, and one lucky daughter!

Sara said...

Congratulations little Bruce family! Can't wait to meet Emerson!

Anonymous said...

I am the happiest grandmother in the whole wide world!!!!!

Lynn said...

I am in love with her!! And Terry, great post!

michelle said...

Beautiful! Just beautiful! I am so happy for your new family!

Bec said...

This kid is going to think I cry at everything, because here I go again!

Bella and her Mama said...

Baby Em...
Mommy told me you were scratching your face, but she is waiting for me to get their to fix your fingernails... Please don't torture your lil' self until Aunt Molls can come give you a deluxe mani/pedi... I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT WAIT to get my hands on your lil' self... Mommy also told me your breath smells "heavenly". I can't wait to get a whif. I love you so much and think of you ALL the time. See you soon baby love,
soon... very soon...
love,
Aunt Molls

KatieKate said...

Please send her to me immediately. Thank you.

And, by the way, it is completely unecessary for you to look so GORGEOUS. Geez, woman :)

Rebecca said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful and so lucky to have such amazing parents!