2.23.2011

Playing Catch

It's of equal importance to Terry and I ... maybe and to Uncle John, that Emerson does not get my motor skills.  It's always a joke to anyone that knows me that part of my job includes teaching children motor coordination skills.  Since I have none.  And got to stay home from almost every field day of my elementary aged life.  And the ones I had to attend I cowered through.  So we are starting young ensuring that Emerson gets in some good practice. 

Please also notice in the background the sweet kitchen that my mom gave Emerson for Christmas.  She loves it and can often be found stirring up something in a pot with her spoon.  Or the best is when I go to pack her lunchbox and I find a cloth baked potato or watermelon slice that she has put in there while playing at her kitchen.  As a sidenote, we love this little lunch pail.  I love that it is old school, and that it is the perfect size for the containers I send her lunch in...that can be for another post; and that when you open it up, one side of it is a chalkboard so we can write her love notes.

6 comments:

Laur Laur said...

I hope that she will be better coordinate and more athletic than me, too. Maybe she will even be able to do more than 3 push ups. This makes me miss being at your house. When can I move in?

Becky said...

YAY!!! Does this mean she might play basketball and be 7+ feet tall like in my dream?!?! :)
Could you make another New Year's resolution to post more videos? I would sure appreciate it

KatieKate said...

I'll take your professionl OT skills over your personal OT skills any day :)

Love you AND your cute family.

Jayne said...

Just pray she doesn't get MY athletic ability. Once in PE, I got a negative score for a softball throw. That's because I tried to do a fancy little wind-up thing like I see them do on TV but I released too soon and sent the ball behind my back. Let's just say I can throw as far as I can jump off the ground!

Blake (and sometimes Ashley) said...

Sweet football.

Rebecca said...

So cute!!! I love videos!!